Thursday, July 20, 2017


I have been trying to put up a different picture from today but am having a hard time and I just don'thave the energy to fight with technology tonight!

So, this morning I asked for prayers and in the first 30 minutes there were tons coming from near and far! How blessed are we? Although today could have been better, the prayers are working and we are extremely grateful for all the love and support that constantly surrounds us! Thank you all so very much!

The day began very optimistically! Mia had wonderful friends come up to visit and they played games, went to a music session with her and lifted her spirits (and of course mine)! Her sister Gabriella spent the whole day with us and big sister Samantha joined us later. There was a lot of love and joy which always helps the mind and body heal. Unfortunately, Mia spiked a fever around 3 that reached 104% again.

After a few hours she perked back up. Daddy came and took her for a walk, played eye spy with her and watched her eat a great dinner! I gave her a shower and she was like our old Mia again. After her shower, her IV came out. The team decided to leave it out in hopes that they may send her home early so she can be in the wedding.

Earlier when I spoke with the doctor, he said we would be here at least a couple more days and that they would like her fever free.  When I told him about the wedding, he said they will sit down and discuss it in the morning and take that into consideration, as well as the fact that Dave and I are on top of her medical care. The bottom line is, they have to see how she does tonight. If she can remain fever free and seems to show improved tomorrow morning, they may let her go early. I made it very clear that I do not want to jeapordize her health but we do need to let her and the bride know. He said they will make their decision by noon (which in hospital terms may mean 1:00 or 2:00).

So, thank you again for keeping us in your prayers!!